Los Altos’ Band Starts Concert Season Strong

Back to Article
Back to Article

Briana Trujillo

Students and families gathered at the Hacienda Heights Community Center, waiting for the Los Altos’ band to perform their annual Winter Concert.
Los Altos switched their gear up, wrapping up marching band season and start concert season. For the rest of the year, the band will be focusing on festival coming up second semester.
Freshman Matthew Nava said, “I am very happy concert season started! Marching band season was really fun and I can’t wait for the journey to uphold in the concert band!”
On December 7, 2018, the bands, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band performed Christmas tune to bring the holiday spirit. Tickets were 5 dollars presale and 7 dollars at the door and started at 7 pm.
Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band combined to perform. After their performance, the Symphonic Band, and Percussion performed their own tunes. The Winter Concert wrapped up with an individual performance for the Jazz Band, having them perform twice.
A couple of tunes played during this concerts were the “Nightmare Before Christmas”, “Green Sleeves”, “Hot Chocolate, Santa Baby”, “God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen”, “Tritsch-Tratsch Polka,” “Away in a Manager,” “We Three Kings…Swing,” “Go Tell It on the Mountain”, “Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer”,  and “Adoramus Te and Santos”.
Senior Paloma Trujillo, an audience member said, “The Winter Concert was amazing! Such a wide variety of music was played throughout the concert and the songs played really brought me into the Christmas spirit.”
All of freshman a part of the Symphonic Band were able to perform their first time under Los Altos High School.
Nava said, “I had a really fun time performing under Los Altos. It was such a good experience getting to perform in the winter concert.”
The jazz band performance brought the audience in awe with the solos done by Erika Castillo and Christopher Cervantes.
Trujillo said, “The Christmas Concert was overall an amazing experience. Seeing their performance, excites me to see what they will play for concert season.”