Fundraiser Supported During Volleyball Pink Out

Stacey Medina

A sea of pink filled the gym as students supported girls varsity volleyball at their annual Pink Out game.

On October 10 Pink Out began as a way to spread awareness for breast cancer,  and the school was decked out in pink to show their love and support for those who suffer with cancer.

The crowd was enthusiastic as candy was being thrown at them and raffles were being drawn.

Tensions were high but the girls were able to deafeat their opponents. The game was against Walnut High School. Sophomore Katherine Porter hit the winning serve of the game, leaving the crowd ecstatic and proud.

Freshman Malia Medina enjoyed the game immensely. Medina said, “It was the first high school volleyball game I had ever been to. It was a different experience, and the candy and raffles made it even more fun.”

This game attracts a lot of people, and the profits of the game make it even more popular.

Sophomore Aiyanah Mitchell said, “This game was really intense and kept the audience on edge the whole time.”

The final score of the game was 3-0, leaving the Conquerors with another win.

Mitchell also said, “Seeing the overwhelming amount of pink spirit reinforced my idea on how spirited this school is. Everyone is always willing to help a good cause.”

The proceeds of the raffles, candy, and food being sold by Renaissance were half donated to the Mary Mallen scholarship while the other half will go to the PIH Breast Health Center.