Varsity Volleyball Player Sibal Marvels Teammates

Clarissa Banuelos

The sound of the serve and

the crowd going wild, chanting her name, “Belen! Belen! Belen!” as she aces the ball yet another time,  point after point.

Belen Sibal continues to  shock her teammates on and off the court as a sophomore playing varsity. Her friends who support everything she does also recognize the amount of effort she puts into the court and her classes.

Sophomore Adrian Lopez said, “I am glad to hear that Belen is being recognized after her hardwork and dedication she gives to school and volleyball.”

Belen continues to show determination as she takes on challenging honors and AP classes but also manages to maintain As while playing volleyball.

Not only do her teammates and teachers see how well she does, but her friends are also capable of seeing how hard she works for her grades.

“She does not miss practice for anything whether it be that she has a test or a project the next day because it shows how much volleyball truly means to her,” Lopez said.

Sibal said, ”I worked hard throughout the year even through the off season to prepare myself for a spot on the girls varsity team.“

Every Tuesday and Thursday the volleyball girls must stay until each game is played to support the volleyball program.

“I time manage by setting aside time for my homework and time for my friends whenever I am not on the court practicing or playing a game,” Sibal said.

Sibal continues to strive and play harder in hopes of helping her team win in the CIF finals this year.

Sibal, a hardworking young woman, continues to amaze students as she practices with enthusiasm and plays while still maintaining a social life and good grades.

This student athlete shows dedication and is an example that it is possible to balance it all.