The Conqueror

Boys Soccer Dominates Game Versus Diamond Ranch High School

Caley Asbee, Conqueror Sports Reporter

On Wednesday January 11, Boys Varsity soccer played at Diamond Ranch High School. The game was their league opener. It ended in a 4-1 win, starting the season off to a great start and making CIF seem like an easily approached goal.

Senior Victor De La Cruz, scored a total of 3 goals and Senior Edgar Chavez scored one. Junior Simon Buendia remarks, “Victor’s amazing goals gave the team a lot of motivation.” De La Cruz conducted a flawless hat-trick, by scoring three consecutive goals. One with his right foot, one with his left foot, and one with his head. De La Cruz says, “Scoring three goals in our first league game just shows how complete we are as a team, I didn’t do everything to score those goals is was a team effort and without them I wouldn’t score as much as I do.”

Diamond Ranch’s varsity coach was the previous varsity coach for the Conquerors, and earlier this year in a tournament Diamond Ranch beat LA. Last year, the team lost Diamond ranch 0-1, proving that this year they went in for the win.

The team set themselves up for a great season, but success has not come easy. Buendia states, “Training has been has on certain days buy overall it’s all fun. If we just keep putting in work and never giving up, I believe we can go far in CIF.”

This year the varsity team will play Diamond Ranch once again at home on January 27, the game will be highly anticipated due to the current status of them winning against them.

If the boys continue the way they started the season then CIF does seem to be in the cards for the team. De La Cruz says, “Out of all my 4 years on varsity this team has to be the team with the most chemistry with each other. For that reason I do feel like we’ll win league and go far in CIF.”