The Conqueror Journalism

The Conqueror

The Conqueror Journalism

The Conqueror

The Conqueror Journalism

The Conqueror

Los Altos High School Spanish Honors Society Continue to Achieve Goals

The Spanish Honors Society (SHS) encourages students to be better at communicating
in the Spanish language; it is advised by Spanish teachers Erick Murillo and Erendira Andrade.
SHS is helpful for students who are going to college, it gives students various
opportunities, like gaining access to scholarships that can help them achieve their goals.
Senior Alondra Reyes joined the Spanish Honors Society club last year and now she is
the president of the club.
The purpose of SHS is to make students feel like they are at home. Reyes plans to
organize activities for the school to let students know that Hispanic cultures are recognized.
Reyes hopes to involve more community engagement during her presidency.
Reyes said, “I think that being in this club and being the president is something a little
challenging, but with the help of Murillo, Andrade and my classmates we can make everything
work perfectly.”
Spanish honors society requires students to have at least two years of Spanish classes
completed, to promote the study of the Spanish language and the culture of Hispanic countries.
Reyes said, “I learned Spanish because of my parents and it was my first language. I
feel proud of myself because being president of this club is something that I have wanted to do
for a long time, so I’m going to try hard to continue in this position.”